Senior Living in Unionville, Michigan
Top zip codes in Unionville, MI: 48767
- Unionville scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Unionville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Caro Community Hospital and Caro Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hecht Adult Foster Care Home, Circle Drive A I S Home, and Willow Tree Haven Retirement Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Sherwood On The Hill, Caro Golf Club, and Arrowhead Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Sebewaing River Campground, Sebewaing County Park, and Natural Resources Department.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Akron Community Church of God and Anchor Cove Outreach Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.05% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,209, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,017, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,285, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.09%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Unionville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Unionville has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Unionville has a very sparse population density of 29.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Unionville have a long daily commute time.
- Unionville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.15%.