Senior Living in Unionville, New York
Top zip codes in Unionville, NY: 10988
- Unionville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Unionville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Clare\'s Hospital/sussex, Bon Secours Community Hospital, and Mid-hudson Forensic Psych Ctr.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crystal Run Village, The Carlucci Home, and St. Joseph\'s Place.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Tamaqua Golf Course, Scenic Farms Golf Course, and Green Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including 84 RV Rentals & Service, Pleasant Acres Farm Campground, and Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including Church of the Good Shepherd, Sussex United Methodist Church, and Wantage United Methodist Chr.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,441, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,393, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,207, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Unionville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Unionville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Unionville has a sparse population density of 284.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Unionville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Unionville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.70%.