Senior Living in United, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in United, PA: 15689
- United scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- United scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Excela Health Frick Hospital, Excela Health Latrobe Hospital, and Latrobe Area Hospital.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunnylands Retirement Home, Susan\'s Victorian Cottage Personal Care Home, and Mountainview Specialty Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 174 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Timber Ridge Golf Club, Norvelt Course at Norvelt Golf Club, and Latrobe Elks Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Fox Den Acres Campgrounds, Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve, and Madison / Pittsburgh S.E. KOA.
- There are 99 churches in or near the city, including St Florian\'s Rectory, Pleasant Unity Methodist Chr, and Mt Pleasant Church of God.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $30,615, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $24,207, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,961, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- United receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- United has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- United has a dense population density of 2,267.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of United have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- United has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 70.83%.