Senior Living in Upper Jay, New York
Top zip codes in Upper Jay, NY: 12987
- Upper Jay scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Upper Jay scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Uihlein Living Center, Saranac Village at Will Rogers, and Essex Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Whiteface Inn Resort & Club, Craig Wood Golf & Country Club, and Executive Course at Lake Placid Club Resort.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including High Falls Gorge, Lake Placid / Whiteface Mtn. KOA, and North Pole Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Adirondack Community Church and Adirondack Community Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,200, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,563, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,260, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.73%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Upper Jay receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Upper Jay has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Upper Jay has a very sparse population density of 32.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Upper Jay have a long daily commute time.
- Upper Jay has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.19%.