Senior Living in Valhalla, New York
Top zip codes in Valhalla, NY: 10595
- Valhalla scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Valhalla scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 23 hospitals within close range of the city, including Westchester Medical Center, Westchester Medical Center, and Blythedale Children\'s Hospital.
- There are 132 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crestview Manor Home For Adults, Westchester Meadows, and Hebrew Hospital Home of Westchester.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 617 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 200 golf courses in or around the city, including Knollwood Country Club, Country Club at Pleasantville, The, and Pocantico Hills Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Rockefeller State Park Preserve, Tallman Mountain State Park, and Rockland Lake State Park.
- There are 253 churches in or near the city, including Holy Name of Jesus Church, Mc Kinney C Guita, and Valhalla United Meth Chr Nrsry.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 393 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 354 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $118,308, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $99,922, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,465, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.83%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Valhalla receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Valhalla has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Valhalla has an average population density of 1,371.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Valhalla have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Valhalla has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.42%.