Senior Living in Valley Grove, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Valley Grove, WV: 26060
- Valley Grove scores significantly higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Valley Grove scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ohio Valley Medical Center, Wheeling Hospital, and East Ohio Regional Hospital.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Shepherd Nursing Home, Altenheim Home For Aged, and Welty Home For The Aged.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 82 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Wheeling Country Club, Oglebay Resort (Crispin Course at Oglebay Resort), and Dogwood Hills Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Bear Rock Lakes Wildlife Management Area, Castleman Run Wildlife Management Area, and Oglebay Resort and Conference Center.
- There are 68 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Ministries, First Christian Church, and West Alexander Presbyterian.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,491, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,085, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,319, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,030 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,913 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.13%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Valley Grove receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Valley Grove has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Valley Grove has a very sparse population density of 79.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Valley Grove have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Valley Grove has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.33%.