Senior Living in Valley View, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Valley View, PA: 17983
- Valley View scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Valley View scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Shamokin Area Community Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman, and Tremont Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Monroe Valley Golf Course, Hidden Valley Golf Course, and Rolling Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa, Swatara State Park, and Sweet Arrow Lake County Park.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Valley View Churches of God, and St Peters United Methodist Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,810, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,875, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,550, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.63%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Valley View receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Valley View has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Valley View has an average population density of 645.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Valley View have a long daily commute time.
- Valley View has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.30%.