Senior Living in Van Voorhis, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Van Voorhis, PA: 15366
- Van Voorhis scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Van Voorhis scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Monongahela Valley Hospital, Monongahela Valley Hospital, and Brownsville General Hospital.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mon Valley Care Center, Autumn Arbor Estates, and Havencrest Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 144 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 93 golf courses in or around the city, including Monongahela Valley Country Club, Chippewa Golf Club, and Eighty Four Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Round Hill Park, Peterswood Park, and South Park.
- There are 95 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Episcopal Church, Christ Lutheran Church, and First Christian Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 62 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 43 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $84,656, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $102,627, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,290, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Van Voorhis receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Van Voorhis has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Van Voorhis has a sparse population density of 460.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Van Voorhis have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Van Voorhis has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.36%.