Senior Living in Vauxhall, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Vauxhall, NJ: 07088
- Vauxhall scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Vauxhall scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 34 hospitals within close range of the city, including Union Hospital, Irvington General Hospital, and Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
- There are 191 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including South Mountain Hc, Retirement Strategies Group, LLC, and Alaris Health at Essex.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1789 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 147 golf courses in or around the city, including Maplewood Country Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course, and Suburban Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including South Mountain Reservation, Watchung Reservation, and Becker Park.
- There are 806 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, St Stephen\'s Episcopal Church, and Congregation B\'Nai Israel.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1106 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 46 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 418 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,018, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,719, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,077, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.48%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Vauxhall receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Vauxhall has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Vauxhall has a very dense population density of 8,484.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Vauxhall have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Vauxhall has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.49%.