Senior Living in Venetia, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Venetia, PA: 15367
- Venetia scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Venetia scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southwood Psychiatric Hospital, Canonsburg General Hospital, and Mayview State Hospital.
- There are 98 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadowcrest Nursing Center, ManorCare Health Services-Peters Township, and McMurray Hills Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 385 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 104 golf courses in or around the city, including Eighteen Hole Course at South Park Golf Course, Scenic Valley Golf Course, and Championship Course at Saint Clair Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Peterswood Park, South Park, and Oliver Miller Homestead.
- There are 213 churches in or near the city, including St David\'s Episcopal Church, Wright\'s United Methodist Chr, and Peters Creek United Prsbytrn.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 154 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 139 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $123,804, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $107,285, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,908, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.81%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Venetia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Venetia has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Venetia has an average population density of 947.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Venetia have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Venetia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.94%.