Senior Living in Verbank, New York
Top zip codes in Verbank, NY: 12585
- Verbank scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Verbank scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Vassar Brothers Medical Center, St Francis Hospital, and Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including New Horizons Unionvale, The Fountains at Millbrook, and Green Briar Adult Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 109 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including James Baird State Park Golf Course, Links At Union Vale, The, and Links at Union Vale, The.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Innisfree Garden, Camp Ramah in the Berkshires, and Macedonia Brook State Park.
- There are 45 churches in or near the city, including Trinity United Methodist Chr, Full Gospel Ctr, and Blessed Kateri Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 59 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 60 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,023, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,167, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,045, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.86%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Verbank receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Verbank has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Verbank has a sparse population density of 179.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Verbank have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Verbank has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.