Senior Living in Vernon Center, New York
Top zip codes in Vernon Center, NY: 13477
- Vernon Center scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Vernon Center scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Oneida Healthcare Center).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oneida Healthcare, Lutheran Care, and Brookdale Clinton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Barker Brook Golf Club, Crystal Springs Golf Course, and Westmoreland Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including The Villages at Turning Stone RV Park, Villages of the Turning Stone, and Mount Hope Park.
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, Holy Family Church, and Gethsemane Episcopal Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,106, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,375, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,549, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.12%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Vernon Center receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Vernon Center has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Vernon Center has a very sparse population density of 71.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Vernon Center have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Vernon Center has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.70%.