Senior Living in Vernon, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Vernon, NJ: 07462
- Vernon scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Vernon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Clare\'s Hospital/sussex, St Anthony Community Hospital, and Mid-hudson Forensic Psych Ctr.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Americas Retirement Planning, Westwind Manor, and Hope Gardens, Inc..
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 96 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake/Quarry Course at Great Gorge Golf Club, Spa Golf Club, The, and Wild Turkey Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Wawayanda State Park, Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge, and Abram S. Hewitt State Forest.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Vernon United Methodist Church, Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, and St Jude the Apostle Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 41 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.70% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,382, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,212, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,482, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.43%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Vernon receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Vernon has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Vernon has a sparse population density of 408.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Vernon have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Vernon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.25%.