Senior Living in Vernon, Vermont
Top zip codes in Vernon, VT: 05354
- Vernon scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Vernon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, Brattleboro Retreat, and Baystate Franklin Medical Center.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Vernon ADvent Christian Home, Pine Heights at Brattleboro Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Thompson House Nursing Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Crumpin-Fox Club, Oak Ridge Golf Club, and Northfield Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Fort Dummer State Park, Pisgah State Park, and Mount Grace State Forest.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Advent Christian Church, Seventh Day Adventist Church, and United Church of Bernardston.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,933, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,396, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,684, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.87%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Vernon receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Vernon has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Vernon has a sparse population density of 113.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Vernon have a short daily commute time.
- Vernon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.10%.