Senior Living in Vineland, New Jersey
- Vineland scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Vineland scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (South Jersey Healthcare Regional Medical Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Baker Place, Lincoln Specialty Care Center, and Spring Oak Assisted Living of Vineland.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 101 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Eastlyn Golf Course, Latona Country Club, and Latona Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Parvin State Park and Winding River Campground).
- There are 44 churches in or near the city, including South Vineland Methodist Chr, Lutheran Church of-Redeemer, and Faith Bible Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 84 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,256, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,486, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,664, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.32%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Vineland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Vineland has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Vineland has an average population density of 791.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Vineland have a short daily commute time.
- Vineland has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.69%.