Senior Living in Viola, Illinois
Top zip codes in Viola, IL: 61486
- Viola scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Viola scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercer County Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Marigold Village Apartments, Brookstone of Aledo, and Aledo Rehab and Health Care Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Hawthorn Ridge Golf Club, Oak View Country Club, and Swan Creek Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Shady Lakes Campground and Beyond the Garden Gate).
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Alpha Baptist Church, Alpha Baptist P, and Alpha United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,506, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,401, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,319, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.93%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Viola receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Viola has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Viola has a very sparse population density of 36.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Viola have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Viola has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.67%.