Senior Living in Visalia, California
- Visalia scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Visalia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Kaweah Delta Medical Center and Tulare Regional Medical Center).
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jordeth Senior Care Home, Delta Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Mission Care Group.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Oak Patch Golf Course, Visalia Country Club, and Sierra View Golf Course.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Recreation Ballpark, Oval Park, and Jefferson Park.
- There are 52 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Chapel of Visalia, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and Parkside Chapel.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 100 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,764, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,349, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,086, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,053 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,119 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.10%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Visalia receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Visalia has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Visalia has an average population density of 749.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Visalia have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Visalia has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.73%.