Senior Living in Voorhees, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Voorhees, NJ: 08043
- Voorhees scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Voorhees scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Virtua West Jersey Hospital, Kennedy University Hospital, Inc (stratford Divis, and Virtua West Jersey Hospital.
- There are 120 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Voorhees, Lions Gate, and Manorcare Health Services - Voorhees.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 930 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 135 golf courses in or around the city, including Kresson Golf Club, Woodcrest Country Club, and Links Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Trump National Golf Club, Timber Creek Park, and Saddler\'s Woods.
- There are 268 churches in or near the city, including Ashland Evangelical Prsbytrn, All Nations Church, and Hope United Methodist Church.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 386 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 294 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $109,307, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $79,297, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $44,091, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.40%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Voorhees receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Voorhees has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Voorhees has a dense population density of 2,534.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Voorhees have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Voorhees has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.60%.