Senior Living in Waipahu, Hawaii
Top zip codes in Waipahu, HI: 96797
- Waipahu scores higher than the Hawaii average of 73.
- Waipahu scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kahi Mohala, Hawaii Medical Center West, and Wahiawa General Hospital.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Waipahu Hall Elderly, Mtv Care Home, and Hale O hauoli.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 160 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Ted Makalena Golf Course, Waikele Golf Club, and Ewa Villages Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, Wahiawa Botanical Garden, and Keaiwa Heiau State Park.
- There are 231 churches in or near the city, including Iglesia Ni Cristo, Resurrection of the Lord Chr, and St Joseph Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 205 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 4.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Hawaii has an average state income tax of 6.21%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $92,852, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $80,778, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,283, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $120,450 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,410 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,772 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.55%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Waipahu receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Waipahu has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Waipahu has a dense population density of 2,106.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Waipahu have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Waipahu has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.28%.