Senior Living in Wakeman, Ohio
Top zip codes in Wakeman, OH: 44889
- Wakeman scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Wakeman scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Allen Community Hospital, Amherst Hospital, and Fisher Titus Memorial Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Welcome Nursing Home, Kendal at Oberlin, and Elms Retirement Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 71 golf courses in or around the city, including Oberlin Golf Club, Echo Valley Golf Club, and Willow Creek Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Schaun Acres Campground, Tappan Square, and Old Woman Creek National Estuarine Research Reserve.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, Kipton Community Church, and Grace Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.33% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,040, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,205, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,482, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.53%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wakeman receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Wakeman has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Wakeman has a very sparse population density of 84.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wakeman have a long daily commute time.
- Wakeman has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.15%.