Senior Living in Walden, New York
Top zip codes in Walden, NY: 12586
- Walden scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Walden scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Montgomery Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Patchetts Crossing Apartments, and Elant at Meadow Hill.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 83 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 76 golf courses in or around the city, including Osiris Country Club, Stony Ford Golf Course, and Winding Hills Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Osiris Country Club, Shawangunk Grasslands National Wildlife Refuge, and Winding Hills County Park.
- There are 43 churches in or near the city, including Most Precious Blood Parish, United Methodist Church, and Trinity Evangelical Lutheran.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 90 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 47 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,850, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,563, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,914, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.13%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Walden receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Walden has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Walden has an average population density of 528.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Walden have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Walden has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.89%.