Senior Living in Wallingford, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Wallingford, CT: 06492
- Wallingford scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Wallingford scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Gaylord Hospital, Masonic Home And Hospital, and Midstate Medical Center.
- There are 108 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Masonicare Health Center, Masonicare, and Regency House of Wallingford I.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 385 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 110 golf courses in or around the city, including Wallingford Country Club, Tradition Golf Club at Wallingford, The, and Farms Country Club, The.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Sleeping Giant State Park, Wadsworth falls State Park., and East Rock Park.
- There are 208 churches in or near the city, including Church of Resurrection, First Baptist Church, and Heritage Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 232 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 123 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $88,546, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,699, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,422, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.68%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wallingford receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wallingford has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Wallingford has an average population density of 1,144.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wallingford have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Wallingford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.25%.