Senior Living in Wallington, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Wallington, NJ: 07057
- Wallington scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Wallington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 73 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary\'s Hospital, Beth Israel Hospital, and St Mary\'s Hospital, Passaic.
- There are 317 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hamilton Plaza Nursing and Rehab, Chestnut Hill Residence, and Chestnut Hill Conv Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4095 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 211 golf courses in or around the city, including The East/West Course at Upper Montclair Country Club, Hendricks Field Golf Course, and Forest Hill Field Club.
- There are 45 parks near the city center, including Overpeck County Park, Van Saun County Park, and Laurel Hill Park.
- There are 1366 churches in or near the city, including Sacred Heart Church, Assumption Church, and Union Baptist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2636 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 235 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1121 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,096, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,652, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,064, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.23%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wallington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wallington has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Wallington has a very dense population density of 11,519.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wallington have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Wallington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.96%.