Senior Living in Walpole, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Walpole, NH: 03608
- Walpole scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Walpole scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Cheshire Medical Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Village Community Care Home, Maplewood Nursing Home of Cheshire County , and Keene Center, Genesis Healthcare.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Hooper Golf Club, Bellows Falls Country Club, and Keene Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Third Cong United Ch of Christ, St Peter\'s Convent, and Christ\'s Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.60% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,532, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,375, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,820, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.10%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Walpole receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Walpole has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Walpole has a very sparse population density of 83.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Walpole have a very short daily commute time.
- Walpole has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.60%.