Senior Living in Wampsville, New York
Top zip codes in Wampsville, NY: 13163
- Wampsville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Wampsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Oneida Healthcare Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oneida Healthcare, Chittenango Center For Rehab Health Care, and Good Samaritan Society - Atwood.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 76 golf courses in or around the city, including Casolwood Golf Course, Oneida Community Golf Club, and Kanon Valley Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Mount Hope Park, The Villages at Turning Stone RV Park, and Villages of the Turning Stone.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Oneida Free Methodist Church, First United Methodist Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.60% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,119, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,857, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,146, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.40%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wampsville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wampsville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Wampsville has an average population density of 638.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wampsville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Wampsville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.91%.