Senior Living in Wampum, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Wampum, PA: 16157
- Wampum scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Wampum scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ellwood City Hospital, St Francis Hosp Of New Castle, and Jameson Memorial Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Katera\'s Kove Personal Care & Secured Dementia Community, Avalon Nursing Center, and Trinity Oaks Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 104 golf courses in or around the city, including Del-Mar Golf Course, Stonecrest Golf Course, and Olde Stonewall Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cascade Park, Crawford\'s Camping Park, and Cheeseman Farm.
- There are 58 churches in or near the city, including Queen of Heaven Roman Catholic, Allegheny Wesleyan Methodist, and First Presbyterian Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,436, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,288, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,513, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.38%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wampum receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Wampum has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Wampum has a sparse population density of 138.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wampum have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Wampum has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.05%.