Senior Living in Ware, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Ware, MA: 01082
- Ware scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Ware scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baystate Mary Lane Hospital, Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center, and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of Ma.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Quaboag Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, Palmer Healthcare Center, and Wingate at Wilbraham .
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Dunroamin Country Club, Mill Valley Country Club, and Amherst Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Camp Ramah in New England).
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including All Saints Rectory, United Church of Ware, and Agape Community.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,099, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,732, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,373, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.08%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ware receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ware has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Ware has a sparse population density of 223.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ware have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Ware has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.34%.