Senior Living in Warwick, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Warwick, MA: 01378
- Warwick scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Warwick scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Athol Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Applewood Center, Quabbin Valley Healthcare, and Providence Cliff Senior Residence.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Northfield Golf Club, Oak Ridge Golf Club, and Thomas Memorial Golf & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Mount Grace State Forest, Erving State Forest, and Wendell State Forest.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Parish, Community Church of Orange, and St Patrick\'s Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,627, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,531, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,135, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.69%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Warwick receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Warwick has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Warwick has a very sparse population density of 22.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Warwick have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Warwick has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.03%.