Senior Living in Warwick, New York
Top zip codes in Warwick, NY: 10990
- Warwick scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Warwick scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Anthony Community Hospital, Mid-hudson Forensic Psych Ctr, and Orange Regional Medical Center.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ellenville II Senior Housing, Schervier Pavilion, and Hope Gardens, Inc..
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 96 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 101 golf courses in or around the city, including Warwick Valley Country Club, Hickory Hill Golf Course, and Scenic Farms Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Wawayanda State Park, Abram S. Hewitt State Forest, and The Rock Sports Park.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including Warwick United Methodist Chr, Lutheran Church-Good Shepherd, and Adams Craig Rev.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 79 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $111,761, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $91,805, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,624, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.96%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Warwick receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Warwick has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Warwick has a sparse population density of 338.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Warwick have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Warwick has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.07%.