Senior Living in Warwick, Rhode Island
- Warwick scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Warwick scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kent County Memorial Hospital, Eleanor Slater Hospital, and Women And Infants Hospital Of Rhode Island.
- There are 114 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale West Bay, Wiaaal, and West Shore Health Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 614 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 110 golf courses in or around the city, including Valley Country Club, Warwick Country Club, and Seaview Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Goddard Memorial State Park, Roger Williams Park Zoo, and India Point Park.
- There are 460 churches in or near the city, including Friendship Baptist Church, Faith Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 293 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 210 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,306, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,807, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,019, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.64%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Warwick receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Warwick has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Warwick has a dense population density of 2,854.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Warwick have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Warwick has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.57%.