Senior Living in Washingtonville, New York
Top zip codes in Washingtonville, NY: 10992
- Washingtonville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Washingtonville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Cornwall Hospital, Orange Regional Medical Center, and St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Emeriti Retirement Health Solutions, Smithclove Ira, and Campbell Hall Rehab Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 154 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 92 golf courses in or around the city, including Otterkill Golf & Country Club, Otterkill Golf & Country Club, and Storm King Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Goose Pond Mountain State Park, Black Rock Forest, and The Rock Sports Park.
- There are 63 churches in or near the city, including Grace Community Baptist Church, First Presbyterian Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 129 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 75 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $100,079, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,196, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,993, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.50%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Washingtonville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Washingtonville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Washingtonville has an average population density of 867.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Washingtonville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Washingtonville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.73%.