Senior Living in Waterbury, Vermont
Top zip codes in Waterbury, VT: 05676
- Waterbury scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Waterbury scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Vermont State Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Squire House, Sterling House of Richmond, and Gary Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club of Vermont, Blush Hill Country Club, and Country Club Of Vermont.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Little River State Park, Gold Brook Campground, and Birds of Vermont Museum.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Moretown United Methodist Church, Church of Crucified One, and Moretown United Methodist Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.32% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,437, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,526, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,689, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.72%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Waterbury receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Waterbury has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Waterbury has a very sparse population density of 49.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Waterbury have a short daily commute time.
- Waterbury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.23%.