Senior Living in Waterford, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Waterford, PA: 16441
- Waterford scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Waterford scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Millcreek Community Hospital, Union City Memorial Hospital, and Erie Va Medical Center.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Edinboro Manor, Abington Crest Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and ForestView Health Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Mound Grove Golf & Recreation, Highlander Golf Course, and Fox Run Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Sparrow Pond Family Campground, TimberMist Bed & Breakfast, and Goodell Gardens & Homestead.
- There are 57 churches in or near the city, including Asbury Methodist Church, All Saints Parish, and Waterford Chr of Nazarene.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,931, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,423, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,216, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.91%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Waterford receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Waterford has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Waterford has a very sparse population density of 90.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Waterford have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Waterford has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.88%.