Senior Living in Waterloo, Indiana
Top zip codes in Waterloo, IN: 46793
- Waterloo scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Waterloo scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Dekalb Memorial Hospital Inc).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Betz Nursing Home, Betz Senior Villas , and Five Star Quality Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Bridgewater West Golf Club, Deer Track Golf Course, and Bridgewater East Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Miller\'s Happy Acres Campground and Camp Indogan).
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including New Hope Christian Ctr, Agape Assembly of God, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,954, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,327, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,489, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.32%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Waterloo receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Waterloo has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Waterloo has a very sparse population density of 77.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Waterloo have a very short daily commute time.
- Waterloo has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.87%.