Senior Living in Waterloo, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Waterloo, WI: 53594
- Waterloo scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Waterloo scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Columbus Com Hsptl).
- There are 38 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Madison Bethesda, Highland House Waterloo, and Sienna Crest.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Mills Golf Club, Columbus Country Club, and Watertown Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Aztalan State Park).
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including St Mary of the Nativity, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, and St Paul Lutheran Church-Wels.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.82% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,382, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,324, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,031, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,930 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $121,545 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.78%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Waterloo receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Waterloo has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Waterloo has a very sparse population density of 72.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Waterloo have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Waterloo has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.45%.