Senior Living in Waterport, New York
Top zip codes in Waterport, NY: 14571
- Waterport scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Waterport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Medina Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Villages of Orleans Health and Rehab Center, Orchard Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Orleans Community Health Skilled Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Harbour Pointe Country Club, White Birch Golf Course, and Ricci Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Lakeside State Park, Oak Orchard Marine Park, and Medina / Wildwood Lake KOA.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Lyndonville United Methodist, Yates Baptist Church, and St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.12% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of property value, which is significantly higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,137, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,850, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,466, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.13%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Waterport receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Waterport has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Waterport has a very sparse population density of 64.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Waterport have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Waterport has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.90%.