Senior Living in Watertown, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Watertown, CT: 06795
- Watertown scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Watertown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wellspring Foundation, Waterbury Hospital, and Saint Marys Hospital.
- There are 67 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Watertown Convalarium, Garden Brook Residential Care Home , and Apple Rehab Watertown.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 232 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including Watertown Golf Club, Crestbrook Park Golf Course, and Watertown Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Black Rock State Park, White Memorial Conservation Center, and Mount Tom State Park.
- There are 152 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, First Congregational Church, and St John\'s Rc Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 173 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 84 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $104,202, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $90,860, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,427, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.93%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Watertown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Watertown has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Watertown has an average population density of 539.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Watertown have a short daily commute time.
- Watertown has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.83%.