Senior Living in Waterville, Maine
Top zip codes in Waterville, ME: 04901
- Waterville scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- Waterville scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Inland Hospital and Mainegeneral Medical Ctr).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Goudreau\'s Retirement Inn, Quarry Rd Residential Center, and Mount St. Joseph Residence and Rehabilitation.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Ridge Municipal Golf Center, Waterville Country Club, and Arrowhead/Indian Course at Natanis Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Fort Halifax Park, Camp Caribou, and Green Valley Campground.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including United Pentecostal Church, Church of Christ, and Getchell Street Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,281, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,669, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,544, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.19%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Waterville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Waterville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Waterville has a sparse population density of 333.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Waterville have a very short daily commute time.
- Waterville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.95%.