Senior Living in Waterville, New York
Top zip codes in Waterville, NY: 13480
- Waterville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Waterville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Community Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Harding Nursing Home, Brookdale Clinton, and Brookdale Clinton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Sauquoit Knolls Golf Club, Sulpher Springs Golf Course, and Barker Brook Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Cider House Campground and Hidden Valley Outfitters).
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including First Presbyterian Church, Faith Chapel, and Sauquoit United Methodist Chr.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,956, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,219, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,522, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.32%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Waterville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Waterville has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Waterville has a very sparse population density of 65.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Waterville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Waterville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.25%.