Senior Living in Watsontown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Watsontown, PA: 17777
- Watsontown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Watsontown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Muncy Valley Hospital, Geisinger Medical Center, and Danville State Hospital.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Warrior Run Heritage House, Watsontown Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Milton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Turbot Hills Golf Course, Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club, and Liberty Valley Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Milton State Park, Central Oak Heights, and Williamsport South / Nittany Mtn. KOA.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including Eberly, Douglas M-United Methodist Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Shipman W Stevens.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,411, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,194, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,589, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Watsontown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Watsontown has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Watsontown has a sparse population density of 187.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Watsontown have a short daily commute time.
- Watsontown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.59%.