Senior Living in Wattsburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Wattsburg, PA: 16442
- Wattsburg scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Wattsburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Corry Memorial Hospital, Union City Memorial Hospital, and Millcreek Community Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Corry Manor, L\'arche, and Michael Murphy Home-Ret Pries.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Lower Course at Peek\'n Peak Resort & Conference Center, Gospel Hill Golf & Country Club, and Lawrence Park Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (TimberMist Bed & Breakfast and Sparrow Pond Family Campground).
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including Findley Lake United Meth Chr, Abbe Reformed Church, and St Matthias Catholic Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,076, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,148, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,909, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.36%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wattsburg receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wattsburg has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Wattsburg has a very sparse population density of 58.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wattsburg have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Wattsburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.83%.