Senior Living in Waverly, New York
Top zip codes in Waverly, NY: 14892
- Waverly scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Waverly scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Robert Packer Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elderwood at Waverly, Sayre Health Care Center, and The Waterford at Woodbridge.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including DJ\'s Golf Center Par 3, Chemung Golf Course, and Tioga Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Two Rivers, Gardner Hill Campground, and Newtown Battlefield State Park.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including St James Catholic Church, United Methodist Church, and W Warren Congregational Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.03% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,479, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,861, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,352, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.42%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Waverly receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Waverly has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Waverly has a sparse population density of 191.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Waverly have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Waverly has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.94%.