Senior Living in Wayland, New York
Top zip codes in Wayland, NY: 14572
- Wayland scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Wayland scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Nicholas H Noyes Memorial Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Maryville Home For Adults).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle\'s Landing Golf Club, Reservoir Creek Golf Course, and Majestic Hills Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Holiday Hill Campground, Tumble Hill Campground, and Stony Brook State Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Cohocton Assemlby of God, Candace United Methodist Ch, and Dansville Presbyterian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,378, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,309, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,163, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.14%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wayland receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Wayland has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Wayland has a very sparse population density of 68.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wayland have a long daily commute time.
- Wayland has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.79%.