Senior Living in Wayne, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Wayne, NJ: 07470
- Wayne scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Wayne scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wayne General Hospital, Chilton Hospital, and Christian Health Care Center.
- There are 180 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Atrium at Wayne Subacute and Rehabilitation, Sunrise of Wayne, and CareOne at Wayne.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1313 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 175 golf courses in or around the city, including Preakness Hills Country Club, Blue Course at Passaic County Golf Course, and North Jersey Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including High Mountain Park Preserve, Goffle Brook Park, and Camp Dawson.
- There are 479 churches in or near the city, including Holy Cross Rc Church, Preakness Baptist Church, and Annunciation Rc Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 686 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 34 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 363 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.79% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $123,776, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $103,221, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,684, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.72%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wayne receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wayne has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Wayne has a dense population density of 2,299.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wayne have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Wayne has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.26%.