Senior Living in Webster, New York
Top zip codes in Webster, NY: 14580
- Webster scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Webster scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rochester General Hospital, Genesee Hospital, and Highland Hospital.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maplewood Nursing Home, St. Ann\'s Care Center, and Sage Harbor at Baywinde.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 227 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including East Course at Webster Golf Club, Penfield Country Club, and Executive Course at Shadow Lake Golf & Racquet Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Webster Park, Irondequoit Bay Marine Park, and Shadow Lake.
- There are 172 churches in or near the city, including Holy Trinity Church, Holy Spirit Church, and Webster Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 233 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 99 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.67% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $84,909, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,508, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,618, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.90%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Webster receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Webster has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Webster has an average population density of 1,187.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Webster have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Webster has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.37%.