Senior Living in Weehawken, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Weehawken, NJ: 07086
- Weehawken scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Weehawken scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 98 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hoboken University Medical Center, Palisades Medical Ctr-ny Presbyterian Healthcare S, and Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 377 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Manhattan View Nursing Home, Alaris Health at Castle Hill, and Holy Rosary Senior Residence.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5908 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 212 golf courses in or around the city, including Forest Hill Field Club, Hendricks Field Golf Course, and Overpeck County Golf Course.
- There are 59 parks near the city center, including Damrosch Park, Bryant Park, and Madison Square Park.
- There are 2158 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Church, St Augustine\'s Rc Church, and Holy Family Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3792 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 251 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1230 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $100,588, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,335, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,883, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.20%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Weehawken receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Weehawken has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Weehawken has a very dense population density of 15,537.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Weehawken have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Weehawken has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.56%.