Senior Living in Welcome, Maryland
Top zip codes in Welcome, MD: 20693
- Welcome scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Welcome scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Civista Medical Center and Civista Health).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including La Plata Center, The Maples Apartments, and Charles County Adult Day Service Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Willow Oaks Golf Course, Hawthorne Country Club, and Naval Surface Warfare Center.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Chapel Point State Park, Caledon State Park, and Purse State Park.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including St Catherine\'s Rectory, St Ignatius-Chapel Point, and Anchor Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $99,095, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $103,409, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,601, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.41%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Welcome receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Welcome has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Welcome has a very sparse population density of 53.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Welcome have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Welcome has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.84%.