Senior Living in Wellsburg, New York
Top zip codes in Wellsburg, NY: 14894
- Wellsburg scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Wellsburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph\'s Hospital, Inc, Elmira Psychiatric Center, and Arnot Ogden Medical Center.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Chemung County Department of Aging and Long Term Care, St. Joseph\'s Hospital TCU at Arnot Health, and St Joseph\'s Hospital Long Term and Skilled Nursing Care .
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Pinecroft Golf Course, Elmira Country Club, and Mark Twain Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Newtown Battlefield State Park, Gardner Hill Campground, and Wisner Park.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Elmira Sda Church, Bethany Lutheran Church, and St Mary\'s Southside Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,910, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,861, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,944, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,475 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $134,868 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,920 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.36%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wellsburg receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Wellsburg has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Wellsburg has a sparse population density of 128.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wellsburg have a short daily commute time.
- Wellsburg has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.07%.