Senior Living in Wernersville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Wernersville, PA: 19565
- Wernersville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Wernersville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wernersville State Hospital, Surgical Institute Of Reading, and Reading Hospital And Med Ctr.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Danken House Personal Care Home, Phoebe Berks Village, and ManorCare Health Services-Sinking Spring.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 208 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Galen Hall Country Club, Manor Golf Course, and Berkshire Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Conrad Weiser Homestead, Berks County Park, and Nolde Forest State Park.
- There are 178 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Hains Church, First United Church of Christ, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 197 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 77 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,051, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,302, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,854, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wernersville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wernersville has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Wernersville has a sparse population density of 446.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wernersville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Wernersville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.22%.