Senior Living in West Camp, New York
Top zip codes in West Camp, NY: 12490
- West Camp scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- West Camp scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Palatine Manor, Saugerties Public Housing Agency, and Livingston Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Katsbaan Golf Club, Edgewood Club of Tivoli, and Rip Van Winkle Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Bristol Beach, Blue Mountain Campground, and Saugerties / Woodstock KOA.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Reformed Church of Saugerties, First Baptist Church, and Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $42,317, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- West Camp receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- West Camp has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- West Camp has a sparse population density of 210.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of West Camp have a very short daily commute time.
- West Camp has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.